Bluetooth Keyboard Adapter (All new 4.0 version)
Turn a USB or PS2 keyboard into a Bluetooth keyboard
All new BT-400 with the following features:
- Based on Bluetooth 4.0 (a.k.a Bluetooth Low Energy or BLE) with reduction in power consumption and fast connection time.
- Works with ALL host types: Apple Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android phones and tablets, all versions of Windows and most others.
- Hosts must support Bluetooth 4.0
- Hosts must support Bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse. Many low end Android phones have Bluetooth supporting hands-free headset but not keyboard or mouse. iPhone and iPad do not support Bluetooth mouse.
- Compatible with all types of USB keyboards including those with a built-in hub (e.g., Happy Hacking, DAS, Apple, Dell, etc.) and keyboard/trackball combos (in that case both keyboard and mouse will work)
- For keyboards with a built-in hub: there cannot be other devices connected to the hub
- Does not work with a keyboard with a trackball AND a built-in hub (e.g., Periboard-505 Plus)
- Limited support of USB mice (many do work, some don’t. Scroll wheel doesn’t work)
- Compatible with all PS2 keyboards including IBM Model M (max current 200mA)
- Compatible with all PS2 mice (scroll wheel doesn’t work)
- No pin-code pairing: does not require a pin code to pair a host
- Command line interface to customize many features
- Configurable keep-alive feature: periodically sending out key strokes to keep host from falling into sleep or network connection from timing out.
- Charging/Battery Status LED and Wireless LED
- One mini USB port for battery charging. 1100mAh removable, rechargeable Li-ion battery
- More than 10 hours continuous use per one full charge (affected by the power consumption of keyboard/mouse connected)
- Mini USB cable is included. Wall charger is NOT included. You can use any standard USB charger or plug it into a PC to charge the battery.
Note: PS2 port and USB port can be used at the same time as long as the combined current does not exceed 200mA. Power can be plugged in while using the adapter. There is no harm in doing that.
Download User Manual (for firmware version 4.0)
The adapter also works with many non-keyboard devices (like Barcode scanners, RFID readers and magnetic strip readers) that are keyboard wedges (PS2) or emulate a HID keyboard (USB). See our Device Compatibility page or our RFID page.
Success stories from our users (thanks to all of you):
- AlphaSmart (Neo or Dana) Word Processor
- DIY Converting a Unicomp Model-M keyboard to a Bluetooth one
- Mini-Pinball Tablet Cabinet
Money back guarantee: if for any reason the adapter does not work with your keyboard, simply return it for 100% refund of the purchase price.
Price: $39. Due to high demand, this product is currently out of stock. Our April 1st production was sold out in one week. We expect it be back in stock on May 1, 2017. We appreciate your patience.